MWM-CT: Nurturing the Little Scientists in All Young Children, Webinar Recording
In case you missed MWM-CT Webinar, Nurturing the Little Scientist in all Young Children on May 18, 2022, you can catch the whole recording and download the slide deck here!
During the webinar we heard from various leaders in science education for young children. Panelists included:
- Dr. Ronald Michaels, K-12 Science
Consultant, Connecticut State Department of Education
- Dr. Jennifer Michalek, K-12 Math and Computer Science Consultant, Connecticu
t State Department of Education
- Dr. Heidi Gold, Founder & CEO, Science Curriculum Developer, Little Scientists, Great Science For All, Little to Great Scientists
- Professor Bonnie Maur, STEAM Director, Isabelle Farrington College of Education & Human Development, Sacred Heart University
- Patrice Gans, Founder, Random Hacks of Kindness Jr.
- Khadija Bshara, STEM Coordinator, Connecticut After School Network
- Barbara Vita, M.Ed, Early Childhood Director, Connecticut After School Network, Coordinator, CT Children’s Collective
The conversation was moderated by Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz.
Million Women Mentors (MWM) Connecticut Chapter convenes partnerships with local youth-serving organizations, academic institutions and corporations committed to supporting women and girls to pursue and persist in STEM by establishing mentoring opportunities.